Find out more about EHS Software
What is EHS Software?
EHS (Environmental, health, and safety) software helps companies to reduce risks and comply with appropriate EHS regulations. These include different governmental, local, and international regulations, along with ISO compliance principles. The solution assists companies to improve their management and regulatory compliance in multiple ways.
EHS software plays an important role in many industries. It can help companies to put a robust safety program in place. The software provides a number of benefits for organizations including reducing risks linked with environmental regulations, minimizing the firm's environmental impact, and enhancing workplace safety for employees. Start by checking our leader Intelex, and other recommended solutions in this category.
Top 10 Most Popular EHS Software
How To Choose The Best EHS Software
EHS (Environmental, health, and safety) software tools help organizations to minimize risks and comply with appropriate EHS regulations. Therefore, this solution is becoming an essential part of company business models. But how do you do educated comparisons to select the best EHS software for small business and large organizations from the numerous available programs? This buyer’s guide gives you a quick primer on what to look for and what to avoid to help you pick the best EHS software for your company’s needs.
Get to know each product with free trial
We advise you to start your search by checking out the free trials or demo offered by leading EHS software providers. This will enable you to test drive each system’s list of features and decide if they match your requirements. You can find out whether the following popular EHS software platforms offer a free trial: Gensuite, Incy.io, EHS SmartStart, Papertrail, and IsoMetrix. The applications have received high rankings in our EHS software reviews that you can peruse to get a good comparison.
Companies in all industries need to offer a secure working environment, so EHS software can be used in almost any organization. The solution can help to analyze risk, establish safety protocols, and perform equipment inspections. The following industries commonly use EHS software:
- Manufacturing, mining, construction, oil and gas – Workers in these industries slog in hazardous conditions, so companies need to have good safety policies for both employees and equipment.
- Food and beverage – These companies need to meet industry quality regulations and standards. EHS software can help in audits and material inspections.
- Utilities – Power supply providers usually have a big impact on the environment. They can use EHS software to track the reduction of carbon emissions and other green projects.
- Healthcare, government, aviation, and aerospace – These companies can store confidential data securely in the cloud or on their own systems.
What are Examples of EHS Software?
- Gensuite: 65 + EHS software apps with intuitive interface for executive and functional teams. You can deploy fast worldwide in multiple languages, on all devices.
- Incy.io: A cloud-based incident reporting and management solution that is designed to simplify and semi-automate the process of managing, reporting, and following up on incidents, hazards, and injuries. Different packages are offered for a range of business sizes and functions.
- EHS SmartStart: Flexible EHS management software solutions for compliance, risk, audit, and incident. The advantages are fast implementation and zero upfront costs.
- Papertrail: Simplifies safety inspections and compliance. Papertrail is a leading business information solution that mitigates risk, minimizes expenses, and enhances operational efficiency.
- IsoMetrix: A single system for your business risk, governance, and legal compliance requirements. IsoMetrix offers a range of management and software solutions for GRC, HSE, and social sustainability.
Types of EHS Software
- Waste management tools: Many companies are focusing on “zero waste to landfill” policy. Waste management tools help to monitor the management, transport, and disposal of wastes in a single centralized solution.
- Program management tools: This app helps to track EHS metrics in real-time, perform internal audits, and generate reports efficiently.
- Compliance and reporting tools: Compliance and reporting are essential for an effective EHS management program. This tool helps you to meet compliance regulations and streamlines log reports.
- Chemical inventory tools: This tool enables you to monitor the storage and use of dangerous chemicals to help you meet obligations and avoid violation of safety regulations.
Key Features of EHS Software
- Environmental management – Produces sustainability and compliance reports for meeting regulation requirements regarding greenhouse gases, solid waste, wastewater etc. Also offers environmental audits, measures greenhouse gas emissions, and helps to meet water discharge and air quality compliance.
- Health management – Helps to monitor two main elements of employee health: occupational health and industrial hygiene. Health modules measure employee health data such as lung capacity and hearing levels. Hygiene modules track the chemical exposure levels of workers.
- Safety management – Enables you to track work floor incidents, assess them, and take preventive action. Also offers training related to occupational hazards and work practices.
- Hazardous material management – Offers scientific and regulatory content and safety data sheets to help you manage the logistics and use of dangerous materials.
- Risk management – Uses methodologies to analyze processes that can lead to potential risks. Enables companies to streamline safety audits, analyze workplace hazards, track insurance policies, and develop plans for crisis response.
Benefits of EHS Software
- Streamline data collection – You can log incident information using offline and online forms. The EHS system allows you to collect data flexibly, which helps you to respond quickly to new regulations and standards in reporting.
- Mobile productivity – You can use mobile apps to enhance EHS management and reporting. Actions and tasks can be added and worked upon on the go, and the info is synced with the database when you go online.
- Consistent reports – You can automate and improve the data collection process which provides higher quality and more accurate data. Plus, you can integrate historical data and use a centralized information database to generate more consistent reports. The integrated central system can also help to streamline your reporting process.
- Compliance with regulations – You can meet OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) commitments and also collect data to report your company’s KPIs.
Greater demand for risk management
Traditionally, EHS software applications were focused on compliance and provided features to monitor environmental hazards and maintain workplace safety. However, now companies are asking for more comprehensive suites that include integrated risk management functionality. To cater to this demand many EHS software vendors are buying firms or partnering with other providers to offer complete suites.
Increasing popularity of cloud-based software
Companies are favoring cloud-based apps because they offer advantages such as low upfront expenses and zero maintenance costs. Plus, you don’t have to worry about updates and upgrades. A hybrid approach is also becoming popular with organizations opting to host the software on their on-premise servers while backing up the data in the cloud for extra security.
You should be aware of the following potential problems while using EHS software:
Partial compliance support
Only a few EHS software vendors support a wide range of language and regulations. Therefore, you should check with the provider to ensure they support the requisite standards and regulations before investing your money.
Some companies may be worried whether cloud-based EHS systems can securely protect their sensitive data. Do your homework and select a vendor with a proven track record and reputation of using robust data security measures.
List of EHS Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
FinancesOnline employs our special SmartScore™ mode to gather information about all the services in the EHS Software category to help you pick the best possible software. It takes into consideration the following factors: essential modules, collaboration elements, custom elements, integrations with other services, simplicity, customer support, security, support for smartphones and tablets, general media ratings. At the moment, Intelex is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. After detailed testing it received the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you include it as one of the choices for your company.
User Satisfaction Read More
An overview of overall user satisfaction with the products in our EHS Software category calculated using our unique algorythm that analyzes customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide set of social media platforms to help you make an educated buying decision.
Pricing Read More
Every vendor in the EHS Software category will provide a different group of pricing plans for its app and each package will include a varied set of elements. Below we list the overal pricing for the most affordable plan offered for each app. Please note that advanced features may have an extra cost.
Devices Supported Read More
A summary of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by these B2B services in the EHS Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Check which languages and geographies are served by the best B2B solutions in the EHS Software category, including services aimed at international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Learn which pricing plans are provided by the vendors in the EHS Software category to see which one matches your business preferences and expenses best. Keep in mind that certain software can provide free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of which groups of clients a selected B2B platform in the EHS Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
A summary of what types of product deployement are supported by every B2B vendor in the EHS Software category. Even though almost all modern SaaS services are cloud-based there are services may offer an on-site deployment model too.